Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh Ladies...

This is a call out to all you stay at home mommy bloggers who live for the next post...On this rare occasion that a husband is actually permitted to contribute to a blog, I'm going to address all you networking mommys out there in bloglandia. You see, I've just recently accepted a new job in Salt Lake City which means that our family will be uprooting and moving from Poky Idaho to the big city. We will move by the beginning of July provided our house sells here. Having said that, I'm asking for advice of where to live in the SLC area. Here are our perameters: we want to rent a house that doesn't exceed 1100.00 a month, we want a good school system for our boys, I am willing to commute up to 30 minutes to get to my office which is in Sandy, and we really want a garage. All right ladies, let the recommendations flow in like a sweet summer breeze....

7 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Hey Aaron!
Welcome to the dark side! :)
Sorry, no advice on SLC, but I think you could commute from Enumclaw in under 16 hours.
Love that woman of yours! Congrats on your new job!

Jana said...

You HAVE to call me!! What is going on that you are getting a job and moving. This is big stuff!! And I wish I could tell you a good place to go. But I can't. I say Sandy. It is newer and good access to the free way and all the stores you need.

Brooke S said...

Eagle Mountain is great for building areas... and it's not too far away.

Krissy Lowe said...

Congrats on the job- we are so excited for you guys. Hope you find something soon- although I hope your house doesn't sell so that you will stay a little longer. We will miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Check out the Granite Schools site (for SLC schools). http://www.graniteschools.org/default.aspx
I would even contact the district office and see if they still put out a school ranking list. (They used to, when I saw it I knew my kids weren't going to the school we lived by, ranked 50/60 (yikes!) instead I transported them to a top 10 school in SLC.

The District that serves Sandy, Draper, Jordan River, etc. is http://www.jordandistrict.org/

If you're willing to commute 30 min, you could be just about anywhere in the Wasatch Valley, but I would avoid South SL like a plague and West Valley, Kearns, Taylorsville has some pockets, but rare. Pretty much anywhere near your work would be good, just spendy. Although with the price of gas, you may want to pay a little more for housing to avoid a long commute.

For housing check out craigslist.com and ksl.com (local News Station that has a popular classified site. Also, utahrealestate.com, has so many houses listed.

Anonymous said...

Eagle Mountain is not close, and is pretty much in a slump, DO NOT Go there!! Way far comute, two lane highway takes 45 minutes to get to freeway,

Unknown said...

Aaron,
Check out Herriman. It's out in the south-west valley area. I know that homes are going very very cheap, so you may be able to find a distressed home that someone needs to get some cash flow by renting. As far as community and schools, another great place is Daybreak. It may be a bit more pricey with rent but Hillary and the boys would love it. Good luck on everything. You're probably already in a rental as we speak!