Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our family just got back from such a fun vacation. We spent six days in Disneyland and California Adventure. It was a complete blast. Here is a sneak peek at some fun things we saw.

Can someone explain to me why, when you step through the gates of Disneyland you want your picture taken sooo badly with these characters? We lucked out big time with the coveted Mickey!




This is far and away my favorite ride. I probably shouldn't have gone on it, but it was so worth it! When I asked my Doctor about whether or not I should ride rides this far pregnant, she honestly looked at me with utter disbelief. I guess I won't tell her about Indiana Jones and the Tower of Terror.









Ben's poses for the camera became better and better towards the end of our trip.

We decided to leave Preslie home with Grandma and Auntie Amy. It was a hard thing to do for all of us, but in the end I was grateful. She really would have hung out the whole time in a stroller.
California Adventure was such a blast. The last time I was in Disneyland I was eighteen years old and there was a massive parking lot where California Adventure now stands! My kids loved it.


Park and Ben were so well behaved and we just had a ball with them. The conversations were priceless. (Note Ben's pose.)

This was actually the first picture taken on my camera. And what could possible shout more American than a labor dispute?

All and all an amazing week spent with our family. Great memories for ever! When we got home from the airport and drove into the garage we could hear this loud humming noise......... We walked through the doors to about fifteen blowers and heaters. Our house had flooded for three days undetected. When we left for vacation we left a list of things for our land-lord to do to the house. To make a long story short, he made the problem worse and our house (I should say rental house) completely flooded. This past week, our house has been a total construction zone and one week later, we can finally use our kitchen again. It was humbling to say the least, and made us all want to go back to California. I keep telling my kids Heavenly Father is just driving home the meaning of the word OPPOSITE:)

7 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Oh my gosh!! What a fun trip, but what a horrible thing to come home too! Sounds like you would have had better luck if Preslie had house sit!

Hailey said...

I'm am about to wet my pants laughing at A. the pic of aron lifting the ball and chain and B. benny doing his super model pose. I'm sure there aren't many dull moments at the paugh home!

Raelene said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am so glad that you went on the rides. I am sure the little miss paugh loved them too!
You look great by the way...but like that is news!

Bringhursts said...

How fun! We love Disney and we really love our season passes we just got last week. Congrats on the new pregnancy.

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland

athompson said...

Hands down my favorite pictures are of your nerdy husband.. The ant biting his arm.. Come on, Aaron. thanks for giving me a good laugh.. So glad you had so much fun.
I've never had the priviledge of seeing Mickey in his awesome purple suit.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Jana said...

Looks like so much fun. We spent a week at Disneyworld the first week of September and loved every second. I totally agree about how all of the sudden you care about the characters. But don't expect me to allow them on their shoes!!!!! :)