Yesterday was my big day.....yes, I turned thirty. Don't you remember as a kid thinking how you'd never ever be THAT old? I do, in fact I can remember thinking that not so long ago. Another decade under my belt! I know some dread their thirties; the inevitable wrinkles, a sluggish metabolism but honestly I am so ready for this next phase of life! Aaron made my day unforgettable. He left work early, made arrangements for a babysitter, and called our friends and we went to a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was incredible. I have been dying to get there---We were married in this temple but I have never been able to do a full session there. Words can't even describe how awesome it was to be there with him and reflect on the last nine years we've been together. Without a doubt he is the love of my life, and I know together at our best, we are an unstoppable team. Then to add Steve and Jodi to the picture, was the cherry on top. They are friends that I love and look up to. Not to mention that we get some of our best laughs with them.
The weather was incredible and I had to try and capture the beauty of this temple. Plus I needed to try out my birthday present--my new powershot. I love it!!



After the temple we ate at a yummy Brazilian restaurant.....So Delish! And we headed home. Aaron had arranged a little party to be waiting for me and I got to make my birthday wish.....
After the temple we ate at a yummy Brazilian restaurant.....So Delish! And we headed home. Aaron had arranged a little party to be waiting for me and I got to make my birthday wish.....
Because thirty is kind of a milestone, I definitely recommend celebrating two full days, which is just what I did. So today, the 19th, my Mom and sister came to spend the day with me to have our traditional birthday lunch.
We ate at the Cheescake Factory. So yummy. We had the pumpkin cheescake for dessert and it was beyond yum. I loved it! I am so grateful for the relationship that I have with these two. Since my sister, Kristen died, our relationship has only gotten stronger. I love them both so much. Our conversations are always so uplifting. My Mom is the greatest example of never saying anything that would hurt some one's feelings. I am always inspired to be better when I am with them. They have always supported me and shown me unconditional love. I'm sure they tire of my endless hugs, (I'm not quite sure why I got the affectionate gene!) but I just love them to pieces. Far and away the best two days ever!

Bring on the next ten years!!
Bring on the next ten years!!



14 comments:
Aww.. how sweet sis. How awesome that you got to go to the temple. There really is something so amazing about the slc temple. And its refreshing that you are excited about your 30's, because really what can you do. You can't prevent yourself from growing older... so way to embrace it. (That's what I love about you) I love you, you truly are the best! Happy Birthday.
Hills, could you and presley be a cuter mom/daughter combo? I dont think so. By the way, how many adorable outfits does that girl have? 30 scares me to death! You look hot as ever though and I love your hair. Your sister really should have indulged in the cheesecake. I am going to give her weightloss bars that are really weight gaining bars!
Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful day. I only have a few more days until I reach the big 30 too. I appreciate the positive note on getting older. I will attempt to embrace it too.
dirty thirties that's all i gotta say! Happy birthday! PS. Pres is so adorable!
Hill, You are truly amazing! I wish we could have been there to go to the temple with you. It has been way too long...I am happy for you. And how awesome that you are embracing 30 so well. I think it is cause you keep getting more and more beautiful, inside and out. Aaron is so lucky! Love ya Babe...Happy Birthday!
Rae
What a great Attitude. Keep it up and you will stay young forever.
Happy Birthday, Hillary! I can't believe we aren't in our twenties anymore. Seems like just yesterday we were hangin at 605.
Happy late Birthday. Sounds like a great day. I agree you and Aaron are an unstoppable team. I just love you! How can you be dreading the 30's when you look as good as you do. It does seem like the last ten years have FLOWN! Go 605!
Happy happy birthday. I love birthdays. So fun. You look beautiful and my mouth is watering thinking of the Cheesecake Factory. You look great and have a wonderful family. Your mom and sis are such great people. Presley is adorable and I love the halloween costumes. Super cute.
happy birthday Hillary. I am so glad you had a great time. That is so great you got to go to the temple on your birthday. Our new temple being built in KC will only be 20 minutes away from my house. How nice it will be to catch a temple session and some dinner with my hubby in one evening. Here it is an all day ordeal. But whose complaining!!!.
Mom and dad are on Orem right now with brian and kass celebrating Thanksgiving. Wish we were there, I would come for a visit.
So sorry I missed your bday!!! Hope you had an incredible couple of days! You look fantastic!
Loves to ya!
Happy birthday to you!!! I am seriously such a lame friend. No shocker there. :) Your day sounded wonderful. I can't wait to live close to a temple. The closest one to us is in DC and that is a hard trip to make with little kids. I love you Hill!! You are a great example to me.
You're so cute and entertaining! Hope your thirties are the best! Can't wait to see you!
Happy Happy Birthday to you! Wish we could've been there to help you celebrate! You'll love your 30's! So much better than the 20's, I think.
Post a Comment