Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Birthday Girl.....

A year ago today, I was induced at the hospital because I was eight days overdue and well, because each delivery has started that way. My date with pitosin started at 8:30 a.m. and ended at 2:30 p.m. with a pink bundle placed in my arms. A beautiful baby girl. She was posterior which extended my labor but she finally came and weighed 6lbs 2oz. and was 20" long. She was healthy and had great color. An APGAR score of 10!! Her delivery was unique and so spiritual. We named her Preslie Kristen, in honor of my sister.

The spell she has cast upon our family is something I can't even describe. She has been a total joy to us. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that she is my third, and Aaron & I are beginning to understand how precious the time is when they're really little. Things that were irritating and seemed overwhelming with my other two are almost looked forward to: bedtime, bath time, tantrums, messes. Not that I didn't enjoy them with my boys, but those little annoyances have become endearing to me. It has been so fun to watch her with Parker and Ben. They haul her around like a sack of potatoes and make her their "prop". Which is tough to do considering she is a healthy 24 lbs!! Her character is usually the damsel in distress that they have rescued from flowing lava or a fire-breathing dragon. They adore her and love to greet her in the morning by getting into her crib with her. Yeah, I don't recommend that, but it's so sweet.

I never understood the term "Daddy's girl" until she came along. She looks just like Aaron, and she is crazy about him.


Some fun facts about her:
*she signs the words: more, water, milk, airplane, bird
*she has weighed more or less the same for six months!!
*she crawled at six months, and has been walking for six weeks!
(Clearly she has brothers to keep up with)


*She drags around a little doll and loves to give her kisses


*This is something the boys taught her--"crazy face" It cracks us up!


*I wish I could say this was her first experience with something sweet....... I was much stricter with the other two!

PRECIOUS!!


Clearly, she is my daughter.......chocolate=happy.







So we ended the night with a little tub time to try out her new bath toys from Grandma!


It doesn't take much to coax the other two. A great day with our sweet girl!

11 comments:

Raelene said...

So fun Hill...I can't believe a whole year has gone by. It seems like yesterday that we came to the hospital when she was born. She truely is "adorable" like the shirt says.

athompson said...

There aren't words.. I love her like she is my own. She is the cutest ever! To try and describe a mothers love... is impossible. We love you Preslie!

Amy said...

Hill: She is so so so so cute. It is so true that we wise up with number 3. I feel like I have enjoyed Jane so much more because you do see the big picture and how time flys and you crave a little one following you around bawling to be held!

Hailey said...

Oh lil' Prez Prez! She is so adorable, & can't believe she is 1! I remember coming to see u the day u had her at the hospital, just like it was yesterday! Her & nashy were so small & now they are both walking & growing right up! She is seriously growing into such a beautiful lil' girl! How could u not want to pinch those fat cheeks! We love you Preslie Kristen!

Becky said...

I remember bringing you "green" cake after she was born. I can't believe it has been a whole year. She is so cute. I'm glad to hear that you have properly raised her to love chocolate.

Will & Cheyenne said...

You weren't kidding about her looking like Aaron! Isn't three so much fun? I love to watch the interaction! Hope to see you soon!

Jana said...

Holy cow she is huge!!! I can totally relate to having monster children. (Big I mean). But also a little monsterish in my world. :) Even with the 4th almost here, I am not looking forward to tantrums. I never like those. But having a girl sure seems to make them more bearable. She is so darling. I seriously love all the chubs!!

Collins Crew said...

Everyone says it goes by fast right, but really- it FLYS by you. I feel like I blinked and Maggie was one. Pres is a little chub, don't ya love that. Kissing and squeezing fat little babys is my favorite... Happy birthday little preslie kristen! (She's so lucky to have a mom like you Hill) I can tell how much you love and adore her through your posts about her. Your commentary about your boys cracks me up too. Boys and Girls are just totally different right? Hope all you guys have a very merry christmas!

The Bollwitts said...

Ok Hillary,
I am such a slacker some time. I need to get your email address. I would love to chat without the whole world reading my email. I am looking forward to your card so I can get your address. I am going to be at my moms for a week, so If I don't get it before then, I will mail yours late. Take care of your precious sweat hearts. Preslie reminds me of Andrea, nothing but cuteness and chub. Have a Merry Christmas! Love you girl.

Angie said...

I am so excited that i found your blog. Yeah for little girls. I love having Rowyn after the 4 boys. She is such a delight to have in our home. Your girl is soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

lovely little p-ssy sweetie you are going to taste soooooooooooooooooo good very soon