Thursday, December 3, 2009

Making the Connection

A good friend introduced me to this book last year and I thought I would pass it on to all of you. It really helps connect the magic of Christmas with Christ. My kids loved it. I struggle at Christmas with just how little Christ is mentioned and how somehow it's turned into only about getting everything off your Christmas list! This isn't anything new I realize, I just have really noticed lately the blatant absence of Christ everywhere. This book really helps our family to see Christ everywhere. I think it's a must for every family library! You can get it on Amazon or Deseret Book.

Are there any books that your family reads every year during the holidays?


I Believe in Santa Claus

1 comments:

Mothership said...

We have made the goal to read the 24 chapters of Luke this month--kind of like an advent. But we're all doing it on our own. It has been very rewarding to have my eight year old say, "Today during my scripture reading, I read . . ."

Other musts are Christmas Carol and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. The chapters about Christmas in the Little House books are always wonderful and full of love.

Merry Christmas, Paugh Family!