So from Wed to Saturday last week I dropped everything and flew to Seattle to meet my Mom, Amy, Hailey (sister in law married to my brother Justin), and Alisa (sister-in-law married to my brother Vaughn) for a girls trip.My flight was suppose to get into Seattle around 8:00 a.m. but was a little delayed due to fog so I ended up having to take a cab from the airport by my lonesome to meet the girls. I was a little out of my comfort zone for this ride but I survived and......This picture was my first view of the city!!!
I met up with the gals and we literally shopped till we dropped. My Mom instilled in us many things: testimony of the gospel, work ethic, and yes...a passion for shopping. From left to right, me, Amy, Alisa, Hailey, and Mommy dearest.
Sights like this one, brought great swelling motions inside each one of us!!We spent most of our time downtown and the shopping was amazing!!
Our hotel was right smack in the middle of everything. This was the view from our hotel!! Seattle holds a special place for me. While Aaron and I were engaged, I came to meet his family and he showed me the city. So every time I come back I'm always reminded of that time in my life. (Sigh)
This is my dear friend Cheyenne. She was one of my roommates at Ricks. It was so great to see her--it's been over ten years. She is someone that I LOVE to be around. She has taught me that with the Savior all things are possible. She is a true friend and I'm so grateful for her!! Needless to say, it was so fun to pick up where we left off...Thank you thank you for making the drive. I love you!
I was so sad that my picture of our night at Phantom of the Opera didn't turn out. Mom paid for us all to go and it was amazing. I had seen it before in Salt Lake City years ago and it didn't even compare with this performance. LOVED IT!!
This trip was a blast!! I have been blessed with such great sis-in-laws! We laughed and talked into the night talking about things that really helped me as a wife and mother. I love you Alisa and Hailey!
I can't begin to express my gratitude for my Mom. She is without a doubt a woman of faith that has endured trials that I can't even begin to fathom. She has taught me through her example that the atonement is REAL. She is truly inspires me to be better with every conversation. My sister and I joke that there is hope for us because we have such an amazing Mother.
This was the only picture I had of my sister. It was taken a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what I would do without her. I trust her completely and love her to death. We had FUN together on this trip and laughed our guts out.
Far and away the funnest four days spent with women I love! It was just what I needed. Of course Aaron took care of the kiddies while I was gone, and showed them a great time...Not quite sure what I would do without him either:)



10 comments:
Cute pics Hills! Your family is adorable and so are you...
Great post! Thanks for putting the picture in of me.... my arm looks like it weighs 400 pounds. LUF YA! Jack says to please move back to Pocatello.
I am so jealous of a girls vacation...FUN! I have actually joined the blogging clan. Hurray for me!
Okay, I turn my back for a second and you have rejoined us in the blogging world!!!!!? YAY!!! I have missed you. By the way, you look superb. You make me sick. :) How about this? You take a girls trip to Pittsburgh now.
Hillary~
So GREAT to see you and meet some of your family! Hope you loved Seattle enough to come back again!
Hillary...that sounds like such a fun trip. I love Seattle too, it is such a fun city. How fun that you were able to meet up with Cheyenne too. Ethan still talks about your boys.
Seatttle inspired me to get a blog!! I love looking at your so much & since your so far away now! Seattle was such a blast!
Your family is so awesome. I love hanging out with you guys. That trip looks like a blast. I too love my sister so much. Brian is convinced that we are morphing into the same person. It's a little crazy. Hey, we want to get together with you guys. Would you want to come down for dinner maybe next week or sometime? We'd love to hang out and I think our kids would play so great together. Any night but mondays pretty much work for us so you pick. Call Bri or comment on my blog or leave your number or something like that. Loving your hair by the way. Your family is so pretty.
Hillary, it's me Anjie. You look SO beautiful. Your kids are darling, you are darling, and I'm really jealous of shopping in Seattle. I love girls trips!
How about a new post? You live to far away now to not be updating this more often. We need to see some pics of our fat lil' neice & cute nephews! COME ON...
Post a Comment