We have taken a small hiatus from the blogging world. Does that mean that I have stopped reading everyone else's? No. It just means that at the end of the day, sometimes the last thing I want to do is come up with some witty dissertation about my trip to the park or our trip to the grocery store. Life is wonderfully simple these days.
The biggest event that has happened recently is Preslie getting glasses. I started noticing something that I couldn't quite put my finger on with her eyes. They weren't crossing, just not looking normal. So I made an appointment with Parker's doctor at Primary Children's and I'm so glad I did. Somehow in the magic of pediatric ophthalmology the doctor discovered there was in fact a problem. She has a condition that happens before the eyes start to cross, which is what Parker has. So hopefully by catching it early, we can prevent the crossing of her eyes. I'm grateful I followed that Mom intuition because if we had waited her vision could of gotten much worse. So today is Day two of Life with glasses and she is doing remarkably well. She occasionally rips them off and throws them a good distance, but is okay to put them back on. She just turned twenty months and honestly I have been amazed with how well she's done.
After her appointment at Primary's, I watched parents pull around their very sick children in wagons hooked up to I.V's and looking not so comfortable, and I had to choke back the tears and count my blessings. Glasses are DO-ABLE!



10 comments:
What a little darling! She is so cute! I am impressed for 20 months! Way to go on listening to your gut.
Love you!
Those glasses are cute. Good job to you for noticing there was a problem. It is great to hear from you.
I can't believe that you made a post.. finally! You know I got a blog because you & amy talked me into it & now you don't ever blog & she deleted hers.. & I seem to be the blogging pro!!! ;) The pics of Pres in her glasses made me smile.. she looks adorable with them! Nash's fav place is the sink too!
She looks so cute in her glasses! You are such a great mom hills...love ya
So cute. I haven't talked to you forever.
good for you for following your mother's intuition. She looks adorable with her glasses on.
Presley glasses are adorable. Last time we saw you, you mentioned that you thought she was having a problem with her eyes. Way to follow your intuition. You're a smart mom. Are you ready for Parker to start school?
Welcome back!!! :) And she really does look so darling.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Pressie Girl.. She's hilarious with her funny face pose.. and I love the glasses..
So love that you might be back in the blog of things.... ha ha!
Isn't it amazing how the Lord guides us to know what's needed for our kids. Listening is the hard part for me. Good for you cause you did! Love the glasses.. Pres looks adorable!
Post a Comment