Friday, March 14, 2008

My life with three kids



With some help from a few friends, I've decided blogging is a GOOD thing and I'm ready to hop on the bandwagon. I love reading about your lives even though I haven't talked to some of you for years. So here goes--






Currently, our family of five lives in Pocatello, Idaho! Aaron, my hubby of eight years, is working in the mental health field with troubled teens and is planning on graduate school next year. He is applying for Clinical Psychology programs all over the country. I am ready for an adventure so I honestly don't have a preference where we go.

Parker, my oldest, is five years old. He will start kindergarten in the fall and can't wait!! He is super smart and is constantly surprising me with questions about life. He is a huge help to me and I depend on him a lot!! He is totally reading which was a huge boost for his confidence. His cousins, Jack and Rhett are 8 and 6 yrs old and he's constantly trying to keep up with them. Which is tough, considering they both are extremely smart.





Ben, turned three in Jan and keeps all of us laughing. He is already known for his quick wit and sense of humor. He has darling red hair that only fits his personality. He has an amazing memory; he knows several nursery rhymes, articles of faith, and literally memorizes every book we read--it's a little crazy!

The latest addition to our fam--Preslie Kristen, was born Dec. 8, 2007. She, ofcourse is named after my sweet sister Kristen, who died over four years ago. Preslie has been a total delight and I honestly never imagined that the colors pink and purple could bring me so much happiness. She just turned four months and she is a total fatty!! When we brought her home from the hospital, she weighed 6lbs 2oz. At her appointment today she weighed in at 17 lbs!!! Off the charts!! My milk or cream I should say, has fattened her up good!!! I'm still not quite sure who she looks like. Everyone says something different. Ofcourse I think she is beautiful. I'm just so thrilled she is here and I'm NOT pregnant anymore:) How do women have seven, eight, nine, TEN, kids? I seriously do not know.

As for me, I finally feel like life is back to normal. Adjusting to three was tough in the beginning but things are MUCH better. I feel really blessed. I live twenty-five miles away from my sister, Amy, which is way too far! I drive to Blackfoot on a regular basis to do nothing but hang out. She is my best friend and don't know what I would do without her. Speaking of friends, I have girlfriends here who have really taught me what friendship is. I don't know what I would do without "girls night out" every month. Not to mention everyday conversations and get togethers. Okay...I think this is enough for my first official blog. Love to you all!



8 comments:

Jana said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy that you are blogging. This is the funnest way to stay connected. And your kids are darling. I totally know what you mean about having the color pink bring so much happiness. Girls are so fun. Call me!

Will & Cheyenne said...

I am so excited!!!! You have the most darling family! You are an amazing mom. Thanks for staying in touch.

I'll call you today to see what help you need.

And is that Jana for school??? Holy crap! Can you send me her contact info!!

Love you Hill!
Cheyenne
www.hayes-herd.blogspot.com

Krissy Lowe said...

Hillary...WHAT you have it up! I am so excited. Now you have to keep posting :) Hope to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hil, you're darling! If it makes you feel better I still haven't got on the blogging mobile. I do like looking at other peoples though. It's all about time. But it is sure fun to see how you and your family have grown. You are an amazing lady with such class! Talk soon.

Love ya, RAE

Anonymous said...

Hillary, thanks for visiting our blog. Yours looks so great! Your kids are so cute! You guys look great!

Natalie said...

Hillary--welcome to the blogging family! I'm so happy you found mine and I'm excited to keep in touch with you through yours. Your boys have grown up a lot since I last saw them & I think Preslie is adorable. I need to see her! I was thinking about you the other day but couldn't find your number to call you. We need to get together!

Jana said...

UPDATE PLEASE!!! :)

Jenny Bobo said...

Hey Hillary, I am so excited to find your blog! I wish I could have gotten to talk to you more at the library that day. It was just a little hectic and now I am back in Georgia. You look fantastic though. And congratulations on Preslie. What a beautiful family! Keep in touch and add us to your links! gregbobofamily@blogspot.com
Jenny Bobo